I tried my hand at making bitters. I work with some really knowledgable cats at my bar. They challenge and inspire me. So I did some research and bought Bitters: A Spirited History of a Classic Cure-All, with Cocktails, Recipes, and Formulas and a couple weeks later, I have two flavors. Apple and Tobacco.
Cocktails to come.
- Amy Stewart and Brad Thomas Parsons on the History and Future of Botanical Mixology (omnivoracious.com)
- How (and Why!) to Make Your Own Bitters (ecosalon.com)
- DIY vs. Buy: How to Make Your Own Grapefruit Bitters (drinks.seriouseats.com)
- Poet’s Dream (drinkstraightup.com)
- The New Old-Fashioned (mensjournal.com)
- The Dubonnet Cocktail (marlonhall.wordpress.com)